Thank you for your interest in ESX. We are serious about protecting the investment our exhibitors and sponsors make. As such, the ESX Suitcasing Policy is strictly enforced.
Suitcasing Policy Statement
ESX wants to ensure that your company has a successful show. Show Management has mandated increased measures to protect exhibitors from suitcasing at the Show. This is the Show Management’s Suitcasing Policy, which will be posted using signage around the exhibit hall and included in the onsite guide for all attendees. Suitcasing is the act of soliciting business in the aisles during an exhibition or in other public places, including another company's booth or a hotel lobby by a non-exhibiting or non-sponsoring company representative.
Showcase Policy/No Suitcasing
Please note that while all meeting attendees are invited to the exhibit hall, any attendee from a non-exhibiting or non-sponsoring company who is observed to be soliciting business in the aisles or other public spaces, in another company’s booth, or in violation of any portion of the Exhibition Policy, will be asked to leave immediately. Additional penalties may be applied. Please report any violations you may observe to Show Management. Such activities include:
- Commercial activity conducted from a hotel guest room or hospitality suite; a restaurant, club, or any other public place of assembly.
- Solicitations at venues other than the exhibition floor or at other events. Show Management must be informed of any hospitality suites, and expressed consent must be received prior to the event.
What Show Management Will Do
Show Management and Floor Managers will be in place from the start of the Show to the conclusion of the Show. This team will respond to all complaints regarding suitcasing. The team will be trained on what to look for and the appropriate factors to determine if there is an issue. Show Management and Floor Managers will have the following responsibilities:
- Review complaints concerning suitcasing.
- Review each complaint off the Show floor and take appropriate action, including removal from the Show floor.
- Levy penalties for violations, up to and including, suspension from participation in future Shows.
What Can Exhibitors Do
- Prior to the Show: If you feel there is a reasonable risk of a problem involving suitcasing, notify Show Management prior to arrival.
- Onsite: If you suspect another company of suitcasing – report this to the Show Management office and someone from Show Management will come to your booth immediately.