News for Immediate Release
ESX Reveals 2018 Educational ProgrammingJanuary 18, 2018 – ESX has revealed its 2018 educational programming, which delivers best practices and new concepts to help security professionals run, grow and maximize their businesses — and rethink the future. Passionate electronic security and life safety professionals from across the nation will gather, June 19-22 in Nashville, to learn, share and interact as part of ESX 2018.
“ESX is the best show in the security industry to learn new ways to grow my business and to network with people who are very knowledgeable and passionate about what we do,” says Jacob Engel, security services manager at Strauss Security Solutions.
During the annual event, more than 35 peer-led seminars, designed by and for the industry, will prepare integrators, dealers and monitoring professionals to succeed in today’s evolving marketplace by teaching them how to implement customer incentives, leverage data to drive sales, improve service call completion rates, increase RMR and more.
The educational program’s peer-to-peer seminars are boasted as one of the strongest educational opportunities in the industry. In fact, over 75% of attendees chose ESX to attend its educational programming last year.
“The speakers and educational programming as a whole are top notch,” says LJ Lynes, national certification training manager at Stanley Security.
“It was the best education session I have ever attended,” says Chris Gilbert, president of Security Pros, LLC.
Strategically selected speakers present wisdom on a variety of topics vital to security professionals. And its diverse topic-set allows for owners and C-Suite executives to bring entire management teams, using the event as a company team-building opportunity. Many in attendance mix and match seminars from the four tracks.
Grow Your BusinessThe “Grow Your Business” track, sponsored by Telguard, shares innovative ideas to increase your top line revenues, offer new products, invigorate sales, and build a customer-centric team. Seminars in this track, include:
- 5 Commercial Verticals You Should be Taking Advantage of
- 4 Pitfalls of Launching a New Product — And How to Avoid Them!
- 3 Great Ways to Build RMR with Video Monitoring
- Rebates, Buy Backs, and other Incentives: Energizing Your Customers
- Commercial Access Control 101: Unlocking Profits
- 7 Ways to Successfully Partner with Residential Builders and Realtors
- A View from the Porch - How to Drive Profit with Doorbells, Cameras and Door Locks
- Incentives, Rewards and Recognition Programs for Employees that Drive Growth
- Building and Tailoring Sales Teams to Fit Your Strategy
Maximize Your Monitoring CenterThe “Maximize Your Monitoring Center” track, sponsored by Sur-Gard, will zero in on next-generation technologies, services, and management techniques that deliver meaningful services. Seminars in this track, include:
- The Monitoring Center of the Future is Here Now! Technology You Must Leverage to Thrive
- Improving the Customer Interaction Experience: Strategies to Consider Before Implementing IVR in the Monitoring Center
- Next Gen Monitoring — Do Monitoring-on-Demand or Pay-As-You-Use Models Really Work?
- The Perfect Fit: New Strategies for Attracting and Retaining the Right Operators
- Monitoring Center Down! How to Improve Recovery Time when Natural Disasters Strike
- HACKED! Important Steps to Protect Your Company (and Yourself) after a Cyberattack
- Plagued by False Alarms? Audio/Video Alarm Confirmation Best Practices
Run Your CompanyThe “Run Your Company” track, sponsored by Security Partners, focuses on innovative ways to lead and manage your company, including operations, finance, and customer service, including seminars, such as:
- Maximize New Employees — Why Onboarding is Critical to their Success
- Creation Costs — Defined, Dissected and Diminished
- Metrics that Matter: Choosing and Using the Right Industry-Specific KPIs
- How to Get More Service Calls Completed from Your Technicians
- How to Drive a Customer-Centric Culture within Your Company
- Leveraging Data: Analytics that Drive Sales and RMR
- Fire Alarms — New Codes, Technology and Practices that will Keep You out of the Red
- Think Before You Ink: Handling Contract Modification Risks
- Proven Customer Care Programs: Tips for Getting Started
- The Evolving Cyber Threat for Connected Devices and Cloud-Based Services
- Critical Do's and Don'ts of Test, Inspection and Maintenance Programs for Fire, Access Control and Video Systems
Rethink the FutureThe “Rethink The Future” track, sponsored by Alarm.com, provides the broadest perspective of what lies ahead and how to prepare for fast-paced, business-changing breakthroughs. Seminars in this track include:
- Top 5 Disruptive Technologies Impacting the Commercial Market
- Top 5 Disruptive Go-To Market Strategies Affecting the Residential Market
- Industry Outlook — What You Need to Know
- Smart Home Market Becoming a Brillant Opportunity?
This track is also home to three CounterPoint Forums – interactive sessions exploring a multitude of views about industry-specific issues. Topics for these sessions will be unveiled by the show soon.
During the three days of educational programming, entire teams will equip themselves to take their companies to new heights.
The complete 2018 ESX Education Preview magazine is available for download at esxweb.com/Conference/2018-Education-Preview-Brochure. The preview includes session descriptions and times for each seminar, as well as general session details, a preview of the expo floor, and outlines of the other events ESX offers. Print versions can also be requested.
For a limited time electronic security and life safety professionals can register for All Access passes, including all of the educational programming, main stage presentation, expo access and networking events for $199. Register online today.
For questions about the event or registration process, contact:
For inquiries on sponsorships and available booth spaces, contact:
Jessica DaCosta | Jessica.DaCosta@ESXweb.com | 972.807.6827
Allison Hunt, Allison.Hunt@ESXweb.com, 972.807.6832